So, you are anxious and ready to roll up your sleeves and volunteer at St. Catherine's Center for Children. Well, we are ready to talk to you!
St. Catherine’s has a number of volunteer opportunities. Opportunities vary from small projects that can be completed in a few hours to ongoing commitments that may last longer. You can volunteer on your own or as a group. Volunteer opportunities depend on the needs of the agency and the desires of each volunteer.
Current in Demand Opportunities for Individuals/Groups:
- Vehicle Fleet Maintenance: We are looking for a volunteer to clean and vacuum inside our vehicles. Only a couple of hours a month is needed!
- Project HOST: Our housing and related supportive services program is in need of an individual or group to sort and organize house ware items and create an inventory of these donations. Once inventory is current, we need a volunteer on a periodic basis to keep donations organized.
- Housing Advocate: Help us help others! We need a volunteer to help locate and secure suitable, affordable housing for our clients.
- All volunteers will be asked to fill out an application. The type of background check conducted is based upon the volunteer job responsibilities
At St. Catherine's, we receive many inquiries about specific projects for our children and families. Below is a list of 2016 Project Opportunities:
- Makeover for Kids! Program: To learn more about making over a room for our kids, click here.
- Holiday Adopt-A-Family or Residential Child(ren): Fulfill one child’s requests to Santa or make Christmas dreams come true for several children living in our Residential program or a family in our Community-based Services Program. It’s a magical time of year for them only if you help make it magical.
- Landscape the Terrace: The terrace is a beautiful tribute to donors’ and loved ones, but would be enhanced with landscaping around the perimeter.
- Finish the landscape at Copson House: A major donor, several small grants and many individual donations have been pooled to make it possible to completely redesign the Copson House property (a former Convent) into a playground. Still missing are the finishing landscaping touches that will add beauty to the property, especially in the areas designated to be serene places for family visits or just for a child to have a quiet time.
- Furnish and redecorate the entrance and lobby to Marillac: Our family shelter needs some sprucing up. You can help make it a little more welcoming for families traumatized by homelessness. It is especially important for families waiting for assignment to a unit to be in a warm comfortable space.
- Donate and install 3 picnic tables at the Marillac Homeless Family Shelter: where families can gather with their Marillac neighbors and enjoy the outdoor space. .
- Hallway bulletin boards at the R&E May School: Make it possible for students to proudly display their work.
- Classroom makeovers are needed at the R&E May School: Each classroom serves a different age group and the needs vary. Your group can consult with the teacher and teachers’ aides to help you create a plan that will meet the children’s needs. Going to school will be so much more fulfilling with your help!
E-mail email@example.com to learn more about available volunteer opportunities!